<$BlogRSDUrl$>
BEEPGLITCH
Sentimo-nos humanos, olhamos e vemos Paisagens electronicas que tem o poder de criar imagens mentais com uma forca e uma vigorosidade tal que nos apercebemos o quao pequenos somos.

The hydra effect, Oink death and the industry.

Friday, November 09, 2007

The recente news talk about a large operation that had dismantle Oink (who was this large torrent place for music).
A couple of hours later two others torrent sites were created (The hydra effect as they call it).
Ive focus my attention into this and ive found a post talking about this on other related subject, read carefully because i think in my opinion all this is true and we are seeing some major changes in the music business.


""When Pigs Fly: The Death of Oink, the Birth of Dissent, and a Brief History of Record Industry Suicide.""
"For quite a long time I've been intending to post some sort of commentary on the music industry - piracy, distribution, morality, those types of things. I've thought about it many times, but never gone through with it, because the issue is such a broad, messy one - such a difficult thing to address fairly and compactly. I knew it would result in a rambly, unfocused commentary, and my exact opinion has teetered back and forth quite a bit over the years anyway. But on Monday, when I woke up to the news that Oink, the world famous torrent site and mecca for music-lovers everywhere, had been shut down by international police and various anti-piracy groups, I knew it was finally time to try and organize my thoughts on this huge, sticky, important issue."

Read all

Via Deamonbaby

Labels: , , ,

10:01 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

indeepp :: permalink